Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Almost There



Sorry, it's been busy around here. The kitchen is getting there. There are a # of doors missing and the panels for the dishwasher have not yet arrived, and of course the hardware has yet to be put on, but we are close.










This is the view from the kitchen.



We are still waiting for the tile for our fireplace, but the cobalt blue chandelier is in.



This is a little view of the half bath.



A very obstructed view of the laundry room.



Above is Abram's bath.




Master bath.






Our master bath is very vintage with the exception of all of Brad's shower gadgets.





I have yet to put the crystals on the girl's chandeliers, but their rooms are turning out very pretty and feminine.




I love their bathroom lights. Instead of craftsman (like the rest of the house), they are slightly Victorian which suits a girl's bath.



The basement bathroom counter.




Brad was given free reign to choose colors and such for the 2 above areas: his kitchenette and his music room. If these areas don't scream Brad, I don't know what does.

11 comments:

Sheri King said...

Did you get soapstone countertops in the kitchen? These are my dream countertops, but since we are moving to California, I will be lucky to even have a kitchen.

Annemarie said...

I was going to ask the same question about the countertops! I would LOVE soapstone in my kitchen...

Katie said...

Martha, your house looks amazing! I am going to come invade when you are moved in so I can see it! My hubby is going to be so jealous that Brad gets an official music room!

martha corinna said...

I did get soapstone. I went back and forth and back and forth, mostly between carrera and soapstone. I like a lot of the qualities of granite but I don't like the polished sheen, I was looking for something more organic and old fashioned and as you know I tend to lean toward the older home look.
Katie,
I would love to have you over after we move in. Also, Brad is spoiled with his own music room. Your husband will have to come over and play with him. Brad would love that.

Insightful Nana said...

It looks better and better. I really love the tile work... even the tile on the threshold between the two doors going into the music room.

It looks like it won't be long now.

Kathy

just jen said...

love it, love it, love it.

i just told colin that when we finally retire and settle down this is what i want our home to look like. you have perfect taste!

cathy said...

Martha-it's incredible-I have since started to daydream about having a kitchen like yours. I hope you'll continue to take pictures for me. I want to see it after your all moved in and your furniture is set up.

Lomu's said...

Hi Martha! I just ran into your blog somehow, and was so excited to see pictures of your house. I can see it from my family room window, so I've been watching it progress, and been wanting to see the inside. It is seriously so pretty, my dream home someday! Hopefully you will be willing to give tours when it is all finished, because I will be the first in line. Your kids are cuter than ever too. Hope to see you guys soon!
Andrea Lomu

mikkilynn said...

Wow! It is looking so wonderful--the type of home my mind would never be able to concoct.

Bridget said...

What a gorgeous home! Where do you live and when can I come visit you??

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous!!! It's looking so amazing. You've got excellent taste.